*Disclaimer. This is not designed to be a task list. Summer is a great time for slowing down, learning at a comfortable pace without a deadline. Take what you like and leave the rest.
“Teach Like a Pirate” Yargh! - Increasing student engagement and teacher creativity“Mindset” The New Psychology of Success” -Understand fixed and growth mindset“Thinking, Fast and Slow – Explain and harness the two ways we think
Tools to Curate Content (for ease, use with web extension or bookmarklet):
- EduClipper (The Pinterest of Education)
- Evernote –Create and share notes/websites/pictures etc. on all devices.
- Claco – Collaborate and share resources. View my resources
Design/Make Your Own:
-Create your own infographic: Piktochart, Visual.ly, Infogr.am-Story Creation App’s: Puppet Pals, Video Scribe, Storybird
Using only your Chrome browser and your Smartphone play Skeeball aka Rollit on your own or with three friends.
Check out a Free Education Unconference Near You:
EdCamps – Happening all over the U.S.
Grow as a Twitter User:
- Take a tour of Twitter
- Twitter in your classroom
- Chats on Twitter for professional development - Chats happening at different times throughout the week on different subjects.
- Hashtags in education